Our fundraising standards and your rights as a donor
Chamber Choir Ireland is open, honest and fully transparent in its fundraising activities, the proceeds of which all go towards the primary activity of organising and promoting a programme of choral performances and related Learning and Participation activities. Chamber Choir Ireland is compliant with the former Statement of Guiding Principles of Good Fundraising developed by Irish Charities Tax Research Ltd (ICTR) and further with the more recent Charities Regulatory Authority Guidelines for Charitable Organisations on Fundraising from the Public.
Within these Guidelines, Chamber Choir Ireland agrees to the three stated principles:
- All fundraising will respect the rights and dignity of donors, beneficiaries and the public.
- Fundraising activities will not be unreasonably persistent, intrusive or place undue pressure on people to donate. Should someone not wish to donate, or wish to cease making a donation, that decision will be respected.
- Beneficiaries will not be presented in a disrespectful way in promotional activities and, where possible and appropriate, clients and beneficiaries will have an input into the promotional strategies of Chamber Choir Ireland.
Honesty and Integrity
- Fundraising will occur in an honest and truthful manner.
- Fundraisers will act with integrity and not misrepresent Chamber Choir Ireland, its need for funds, or how they will be applied.
- Questions about fundraising activities and fundraising costs will be answered honestly and in a timely manner.
- Information about Chamber Choir Ireland’s charitable purpose and activities will be made freely available.
- Charitable donations and gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were donated.
Transparency and Accountability
- Chamber Choir Ireland will take responsibility for its actions and will be capable of explaining, clarifying and justifying those actions.
- Chamber Choir Ireland’s trustees and management will explain and account to donors and the public for the organisation’s actions.
- Chamber Choir Ireland will operate in an open, frank and honest way and will ensure that transactions, operations, information and communications are easily understood by donors and the public alike.
- Chamber Choir Ireland will clearly identify to donors and the public the cause for which the fundraising is occurring and how donations are being used.
- Chamber Choir Ireland will provide ways whereby those interested can easily contact the charity. Contact us
- Chamber Choir Ireland will have a procedure to address complaints.
Read our Donor Charter, and Feedback and Complaints Procedure: